50 Awesome Marketing Ideas!
- Ask your server to give someone a flyer about your book the next time you dine out.
- Host a pop-up book stand at a popular tourist destination.
- Write your book’s name on the bottom of a pair of basketball shorts. Wear them.
- Target missionary groups to see if they’d like to purchase books in bulk for voluntourism.
- Create a cell phone case with your book’s name on it.
- See if you can sponsor a local happy hour.
- Set up a lemonade-and-book stand at a gas station.
- Tweet a famous celebrity about your book.
- For authors, think of your main character’s fashion style. Partner with a local boutique that sells a similar style who would be willing to promote your book.
- See if you can sponsor an ice cream flavor at a local ice cream shop.
- Paint your book’s info on the side of your face with face paint.
- Put flyers about your book in similar books at a bookstore or library.
- Create your own affiliate program.
- Partner with a local takeout to put flyers about your book in their take-out meals.
- Find a business who will sponsor an entire classroom by purchasing your books for the students.
- Pair flyers about your book with homemade baked goods.
- Sell your books outside a coffee shop.
- Partner with a travel sales agent to curate a vacation book reading list.
- Support a non-profit by offering your book to sell as a fundraiser and split the profits.
- Leave flyers at a spa or salon.
- Post a picture of your book with a hat on it on Instagram.
- Pass out flyers at a continental breakfast in a hotel.
- Partner with someone who has written a similar book for a double promotion.
- Find a Meetup group that would benefit from your book and arrange an author’s corner at their next meeting.
- Use MyBookTable App.
- Pair your book with other similar books on Amazon in a blog post.
- Set up a stand outside an elementary, middle, high school or college graduation.
- Design a decal about your book for the bumper of your car.
- Post a video of you reading a scene from your book.
- Have a contest about designing your next book cover.
- Partner with a musician to create a book soundtrack to sell along with your book.
- Promote your book outside Goodwill Super Saturday during the first weekend of the month.
- Pass out flyers about your book at a McDonald’s play pen.
- If you host a giveaway, post an ad on Craigslist in the ‘free things’ section.
- Tape a sign on the back of your shirt advertising your book.
- Pass out flyers about your book at a doctor’s or dentist’s office.
- Host an author’s bunch for members at a local church.
- Offer your speaking services to a school graduation.
- Make a tote or man purse with your books info on it.
- Start a chain text advertising your book.
- Create a mixtape of your book’s soundtrack, and email it to your list.
- Do a one-person scene from your book to post on YouTube.
- Put flyers of your book on cars of people parked in a movie parking lot.
- Volunteer to read your book at a hospital or nursing home.
- Carry around balloons with your book’s title written on them.
- Pass out flyers outside a tattoo parlor.
- Create keychains out of buttons with your book’s info on it.
- Ask people do they want to take a picture with an author to post on their social media.
- Create a necklace with a pendant that advertises your book’s information.
- Tape a flyer about your book to a gas station pump.
Thanks for reading!
For more amazing marketing ideas and content, subscribe to our #BossWriter email list!
The following two tabs change content below.
#BossWriter-In-Chief at #BossWriter Membership Site
G.C. Denwiddie is authorpreneur who writes and helps authors make 'writing and dollars synonymous." Sign up to the #BossWriter Daily Writing Challenge: http://bosswriter.me/index.php/daily-writing-challenge/. Thanks for reading!
Latest posts by #BossWriter-In-Chief (see all)
- Here’s Your Love Letter Template - February 12, 2019
- Thanks For Subscribing! - February 12, 2019
- What I Learned From My First Facebook Ad - February 16, 2017